The MDC-led by Douglas Mwonzora has suspended seven senior members among them Elias Mudzuri pending investigations and disciplinary action by the party.
In a statement, MDC national chairperson Solomon Chikohwero said the seven are facing serious disciplinary charges, which he however, did not specify. Read the statement:
The Movement for Democratic Change has with effect today the 16th of January 2023, suspended the following members from the party pending investigations and disciplinary action:-
1. Hon. Senator Elias Mudzuri- former VP
2. Mr. Norest Marara- Secretary for Party Business and Projects
3. Mr. Gift Konjana- Chairperson Mashonaland West Province
4. Mr. John Nyika – Chairperson Masvingo Province
5. Mr. Den Moyo- Chairperson USA Province
6. Mr. Edwin Dzambara- Secretary for Education
7. Mr. Edwin Kakora – National Executive Member
These members are facing serious disciplinary charges and their suspensions are in terms of Clause 126.96.36.199 of the Party’s Constitution.
The hearings will be conducted in terms of the MDC Constitution and their rights as accused persons will be respected.