ZIMSEC has issued a statement clarifying a circular on approved O and A level June/ November examination fees and the closing dates for registration for each session respectively.
The circular was sent to all Examination Centres on the 31st of January 2023.
In a statement seen by ZNN News, the council said registration was still ongoing until the 14th of April 2023. Reads the statement:
PRESS STATEMENT ON THE NOVEMBER 2023 ORDINARY AND ADVANCED LEVEL REGISTRATION
The Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) issued a circular to all Examination Centres on the 31st of January 2023, informing of the approved Ordinary and Advanced level June/ November examination fees and the closing dates for registration for each session respectively. ZIMSEC wishes to make the following clarifications to the nation and our stakeholders.
1. The November 2023 Ordinary and Advanced level registration is currently open. All candidates who wish to sit for their examinations should register at their centre of choice.
2. Examination registration fees are pegged in USD and parents can make payments in ZWL, USD or ZAR. Those who would like to make payments in ZWL will use the interbank rate which shall be communicated by ZIMSEC on the 4th of April 2023. The interbank rate prevailing on that day will apply for the period of the 4th to the 14th April 2023.
3. Payments for the examination fees should NOT be paid directly into ZIMSEC accounts by individual parents. Candidates/ Parents should make payments to the centre of registration for forward remission to ZIMSEC.
4. Centres are hereby advised that although they may wish to set deadlines which allow for administration of entries, these deadlines should not disadvantage any candidate through failure to register. Deadlines should allow for payment of fees in currencies of the parents’ choice for onward submission to ZIMSEC in the currency which they received.
5. Contrary to reports that some centres have set closing dates of 30 March 2023, we hereby advise the nation that ZIMSEC 2023 November examinations registration closing date is still 14 April 2023.
We urge all Heads of Centres to adhere to the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education’s circulars on the administration of Centres/ Schools during school holidays.