The Zimbabwe School Examination Council (ZIMSEC) will open a mop-up registration window to allow candidates who failed to register before 14 April to be able to register.
The window will be open from the 8th to the 12th of May 2023. In a statement released on 17 April 2023, ZIMSEC said:
The Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) issued a circular to all Examination Centres on the 31st of January 2023, informing of the approved Ordinary and Advanced level June/ November examination fees and the closing dates for registration for each session respectively.
ZIMSEC wishes to make the following announcement to the nation and our stakeholders.
1. The November 2023 Ordinary and Advanced level examination registration closed on the 14th of April 2023.
2. ZIMSEC will carry out a registration mop-up exercise from Monday 8 May 2023 to Friday 12 May 2023 to allow centres to ensure that all their candidates have been registered for the November 2023 examinations. Candidates who wish to sit for their examinations should ensure that they register at their centre of choice during this period.
3. Examination registration fees during that window are pegged according to the normal registration. The registration fees are accepted in the currency parents and guardians are comfortable paying in. For parents who wish to pay in ZWL, payments will be made at the prevailing exchange rate which will be communicated on Friday, 5 May 2023.
4. Payments for the examination fees should NOT be paid directly into ZIMSEC accounts by individual parents. Candidates/ Parents should make payments to the centre of registration for forward remission to ZIMSEC.
5. Centres are hereby advised that this window is open only for individual candidates who would have failed to meet the 14 April 2023 deadline and not for whole centres. Kindly refer to Examinations Circular No. 4 of 2023 and Finance Circular No. 1 of 2023 for guidance. NB. THERE ARE NO LATE REGISTRATION FEES TO BE PAID before the 12th of May 2023.
We urge all parents and candidates to take note of this window period and adhere to the deadlines set herein.